Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Workout Wake-up Call

Share it Please

Today was my workout wake-up call.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been moderately running. And by moderately, I mean some days I would, some days I wouldn't. When I would decide to go I would run 2 or 3 miles on the treadmill and then call it quits. The reasoning behind this is that I believe that running is the best way, for me personally, to get in shape the quickest.

But today was different....

Today I did an arm workout. My legs are still feeling the pain from yesterday, and Rawle does a rotation of arms and legs workout, and since today was his arm workout, I decided to join. The arm workout usually begins with the bench press, however tonight they were all full, and that't when it began....

So we moved on to push-ups.

I've always been someone who has been able to plop down and do a number of push-ups. Welp, not tonight! I plopped on down to the starting position and I could not lift myself up. I don't know if its because I've gain a little bit of weight or lost a lot of muscle. I felt like my mom (no offense, mom, since you may be th only one reading this). My mom a few months ago showed my how she attempted to do a sit-up and could not complete it, and I thought (arrogantly) to myself that that would never be me. Well, not the same, but pretty close. [and just for the record, after not being able to complete said push-up, I did roll over to confirm that I could still do the good ole sit up.]

And that, my friends, was my workout wake-up call. Time to kick it in to high gear!!!!

No comments :