Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Home Sweet 'Homa.

Share it Please
I love Oklahoma.
Always have, always will.

Born and raised. I was getting ready to say 18 years strong, and then I thought, no 23. Then I remembered the reality: 25, 25 years strong.

Yesterday seemed like a dream. A very very bad dream. One of the most surreal days I have ever experienced.

From the moment I walked outside to head to work, feeling the eeriness of the skies. Knowing already of the forewarned threat of severe weather. Trying to soak in a previous day of heartache and preparing yourself for the upcoming unknown.

It's hard to explain the feeling; numbness, stress, worry, hurt, heartache, helplessness. From the moment you hear the first tornado sirens sound to the moment you finally pry yourself from the horrific footage of the EF5 tornado- thoughts and concern still lingering in your head.

While trying to go throughout the day, my heart ached. Ached for the parents. Ached for the trapped kids. My heart even ached at the thought of me having my own children. If I knew I would ever have to face that type of loss, I think I would refrain from having children altogether. I'm not sure I could handle it.

I wanted to make my rounds around the city to hug every member of my family's neck. I stressed because I couldnt get a hold of my fiance when the storm began to develop, and it wasnt even headed his way.

I'm sure this post is quite scattered, and if so, I think that's a good inclination of exactly whats going on in my head.

My heart is heavy still today. And in that hurt, I pray and I weep and I hope along-with and for my fellow Oklahomans.


No comments :