Thursday, September 17, 2009

unsung hero

Share it Please
So i had this idea a couple of weeks ago and have been meaning to put it into action on here, but it has just continually slipped my mind, so i am starting it now.

unsung hero: a person who makes a substantive yet unrecognized contribution; a person whose bravery is unknown or unacknowledged.

I am going to be identifying unsung heroes in my life on a daily basis. I think some times in life it is easy to become cynical and believe that there is no one out there who is good anymore. At the end of the day a lot of times, we look back and look at the annoying moments or the stressful ones, or "I can't believe they did that" moments. I am going to begin to look at the glass as being half full. I hope this unsung hero part of the blog restores my hope in the goodness of humanity, I hope this blog restores your hope in the goodness of humanity. So each day (or every other day, or third day, or once a week) I will post who was my unsung hero for the day (or the past days i missed, if I skip some days). I will also tag them in an unsung hero category so if you are interested in nothing but that you can click on the label and thats all you will have to look at.

Beginning yesterday:

Wednesday, September 16:
Name:
Chase, fellow classmate in Substance Abuse Studies
Why did he get the award: This class of mine ends at 7:15 pm on Wednesady nights, by the time I walk home, it is my 6th time to make the journey in one day. This past Wednesday it was raining. And soon it began pouring. I saw him on the sidewalk and hollered " hey, can you give me a ride home?" He responded "sure" and we began walking/jogging to the car. So much for riding with strangers, right? (he didnt seem that strange.) So he gets the first official unsung hero award for his lending of a hand (car ride) to a fellow college student.

Thursday, September 17:
Name: Keri, owner of Mister Rabbit
Why: A new shop, Mister Rabbit 'a wonderland of one-of-a-kind finds', opened about three weeks ago. My roommate and I checked it out today. It was a very neat store! From the minute we walked in, we were greeted warmly and Keri told us a little about the store. As we continued to shop, Keri again came and talked to us. We just chit-chatted a little, talked about life. I liked this. I like people being personable. Not only do I think she deserves it for her great human interaction with her customers, but I also chose her because she had the guts to start the business in the first place. I like to see people take risks for something that they love. You should go visit this store sometime. She deserves your business.
Check it out: http://www.misterrabbitland.com/

No comments :