Tuesday, January 6, 2009

if you know me...

Share it Please
..then there's a chance you know this about me: i do not know how to swallow pills. and yes, i have tried everything..hiding it in food, drinking lots of water, breaking it up, etc. and here's the deal: in order for me to be protected against malaria i must take a pill daily beginning two days before i leave and every day up until a month after i get back.

So far things have been better than expected. I went to get my shots and had prepared myself to get lots of them and found out i only had to get two of them: a polio booster and a typhoid fever shot. Much to my suprise, these shots didnt hurt a bit and cost less than $50. (my arm got a little sore later.) Also, when i went to pick up my prescription for the malaria pills, prepared to pay a big chunk of money, i discovered that my insurance would cover some of it and i was only responsible for paying about $20. With suprising outcomes like this, maybe it will be easy to swallow the pills.
-the challenge-




In the next couple of days, I ask that you specifically pray that it will be easy for me to swallow these pills. yes, its a small request, but the swallowing of these pills is a big deal to be protected against malaria and it would be awesome if it became easy for me to do. thanks so much. i'll keep you updated on the progress.

2 comments :

megat said...

  I think your blog is really interesting ... especially this post :)

Jenna said...

Shay I will and that is funny because when I talk about you to others and about africa I tend to tell them the pill story, you know the one when we were on our way from woodward to mooreland and you wasted a whole bottle of equate tylenol lol!!!