Friday, December 11, 2009

i'm the grinch.

Share it Please
I hate the mall. I hate the mall 100x more during Christmas time. I attempted to go Christmas shopping the past couple of days. The first time was unpainful, yet short-lived due to somewhere else I needed to be. The second attempt was more painstaking, yet I did manage to accomplish some of my shopping, just not with the best attitude.

Here are some of the reasons, I continued to remind myself that I hate Christmas shopping, and the reasons why I deemed myself the grinch while at the mall:

1. We all know parking is bad, and I can deal with that, but I cannot deal with people (slow walkers) walking in the middle of where you drive down the rows, and seem to be oblivious to your car.

2. Small cars: I hate thinking you have finally found a parking space, and then, 'oh yeah, there's a little baby car parked there.'

3.I hate that there is road construction right outside the mall and traffic goes down to one lane. It's not like they didnt know Christmas was coming, and that there is a traffic flow problem even without the construction.

4. I hate that the heaters are turned up to the absolutely highest that they could go. It's cold outside, people are going to wear lots of clothes. There is no need to turn the heaters full blast unless you want me to walk around the mall in my undies. Heat makes people uncomfortable, unhappy, tired, and gripey.

5. I hate unfriendly associates. It's your job to be nice and helpful to me.

6. I hate when people are standing way too close to you on the escalator. Unspoken rule: One person to a step, and maybe leave one in between us.

7. I hate the kiosk workers at the mall. If i wanted to try your stuff, I would come and ask to try it, or at least make eye contact with you. And if I didn't 5 minutes ago when I walked by then Im not going to want it now, or at your other 4 kiosks in the mall.

Needless to say, I have yet to finish all of my Christmas shopping, which means I am going to have to brave the elements once again.

1 comment :

Shannon said...

I think all of these are very reasonable...does that make me a grinch too? Or maybe we are just normal human beings.